Bologna have completed the signing of Palermo striker Davide Succi on a six month loan deal. The Rossoblu also have the option to sign him on a permanent basis at the end of the season for a fee of around 3 million euros. Succi, 28, was born in Bologna but started his professional career with Chievo Verona.
He had loan spells at Poggese, Padova, SPAL, Como and Lucchese before transferring to Ravenna in 2005. In September 2008, he was signed by Palermo. His first league goal for the Rosanero was scored against Bologna.
Bologna were in the market for a striker after losing Pablo Osvaldo to Spanish club Espanyol. Apart from Succi, the Rossoblu currently have Marco Di Vaio, Marcelo Zalayeta and young Henry Gimenez as the strikers in their lineup.
[Source:- Bol…
Barcelona received an offer for Neymar from Manchester United in the previous transfer window, according to the player s father and manager.
The Brazil captain who remains embroiled in legal issues surrounding his transfer from Santos to Camp Nou in 2013 and Neymar Sr were apparently asked if they would be interested in a move to Old Trafford.
However, Neymar s father insisted that neither the Catalan club or player wanted the deal to go through and the offer is no longer on the table.
Barcelona received a proposal, and the club told us they were not going to sell him, Neymar Sr said on Boa Tarde Fox.
They asked if we were interested, but it was not the case. Barcelona did not sell because he has three years left on his contract.
It was…
Barcelona played their best football in two years in the first half of Tuesday s Champions League defeat to Manchester City, according to Luis Enrique.
The Spanish champions took the lead at the Etihad Stadium through Lionel Messi, but were made to pay for some sloppy mistakes as Pep Guardiola s side ultimately ran out 3-1 winners.
Errors from Sergi Roberto and goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, combined with a general slump in their performance in the second half, prompted criticism of Barca both in England and Spain.
Luis Enrique, however, says their football early on was the finest he has seen since taking charge in 2014 and insists the detractors do not concern him.
If you look at the first 40 minutes in Manchester, I think they were the best in thi…
Jurgen Klopp has dismissed suggestions he could succeed Joachim Low as Germany head coach.
The Liverpool manager said on Tuesday that he remained committed to last season s Premier League champions.
Low announced earlier in the day that he would end his 15-year career as Germany boss after the Euro 2020 finals.
Klopp s name led the way in polls conducted in Germany to judge the public view of who should replace Low, but the 53-year-old former Borussia Dortmund coach counted himself out.
When asked whether the job may have come too soon for him in his career, Klopp said: Maybe you should ask the question differently, if I m available for the job of manager or coach of the German national team after the summer no.
Joachim Low did an incredible job…
Chelsea have been fined £25,000 by the Football Association (FA) for failing to control their players during their 1-1 Premier League draw with Liverpool.
The Blues admitted to two breaches of FA Rule E20.1 in the lively match at Anfield on August 28, both of those incidents occurring after referee Anthony Taylor sent off Reece James and awarded Liverpool a penalty in first-half stoppage time.
James was adjudged to have purposefully used his hand to block a shot on the line, with Mohamed Salah equalising from the penalty spot to cancel out a Kai Havertz opener, but the decision left Chelsea s players incensed.
Defender Antonio Rudiger and goalkeeper Edouard Mendy were booked for their protests, and the fallout continued as the players left the field after Taylor…
Barcelona have confirmed the appointment Gerardo Martino as their new manager.
The 50-year-old takes over from Tito Vilanova, who stepped down on Friday to continue his treatment for throat cancer.
Martino, who guided Newell s Old Boys to the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores before parting company with the Argentinian side earlier this month, has agreed a two-year contract.
The former Paraguay manager s availability moved him ahead of reported candidates Luis Enrique and Ernesto Valverde, who recently signed with Celta Vigo and Athletic Bilbao respectively.
Martino, who was voted as Newell s best ever player in 2010, walked away from his role with the Rosario club on July 10 following their defeat Atletico Minero in the last four of the Libertadores.
Kn…
Nacer Chadli has claimed to have been sold on a move to Tottenham after speaking to Belgian team-mates Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele.
The former FC Twente winger joined the club in July and could make his first appearance for the club against Monaco on Saturday after training with the squad on their recent tour of Hong Kong.
Chadli has made 14 appearances for Belgium and says compatriots Vertonghen and Dembele played a crucial role in convincing him to move to White Hart Lane.
They said a lot of good things about Spurs, Chadli told the club s official website.
They said ‘you have to come’. I was very happy I made the transfer. I’ve already played with them for the national team and we have good contact.
I expect a lot from myself this year and I …
According to Marca, Paco Alcacer is on the verge of his Borussia Dortmund move being made official after he was spotted arriving in Germany. He s set to undergo a medical as he prepares to make his switch from Barcelona to the German giants, with Barca being set to receive €2.2 million in addition to any extras with Dortmund having the option to purchase him.
The 24-year-old forward has been with Barca since back in 2016, after spending six years with Valencia. Unfortunately, despite scoring some important goals at the Nou Camp, he s failed to make a consistent impression as he probably would ve hoped.
Dortmund have started off strong in Bundesliga this season, with a big 4-1 win over RB Leipzig. On the other hand Barcelona have registered back to back wins against Al…
Borussia Dortmund s new signing Axel Witsel has claimed Carlo Ancelotti previously attempted to take him to Bayern Munich.
Witsel joined Dortmund from Tianjin Quanjian after an impressive World Cup campaign with Belgium, having transferred to the Chinese Super League side from Zenit in January 2017.
Ancelotti was dismissed from his role as Bayern boss in September 2017, but Witsel has revealed the Italian was keen on signing him before his tenure at the Bundesliga giants was cut short, although Tianjin Quanjian had no desire to sell the 29-year-old at the time.
They did not call me but my former coach Fabio Cannavaro, and he then kindly and politely told Ancelotti that it was not possible , Witsel told Bild.
3 could become the 3rd Belgian to play for…
Theo Walcott was the shock casualty as England coach Fabio Capello named his final 23-man squad for the World Cup on Tuesday.
Walcott was widely expected to be on the England team s flight to South Africa on Wednesday after playing a significant role in the qualifying campaign, but Capello has decided Manchester City s Shaun Wright-Phillips and Tottenham s Aaron Lennon represent better options on the flanks.
Also receiving the unwanted call from Capello to hear they had been left out were Everton left-back Leighton Baines, Manchester City winger Adam Johnson, West Ham midfielder Scott Parker, Tottenham centre-back Michael Dawson, Sunderland striker Darren Bent and Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone.
It is the second time Walcott has been involved in a controve…